What are macros in Qlikview
Macros and automation
The QlikView Automation Interface
QlikView is equipped with an automation interface (formerly also known as OLE automation). This interface can be used to control QlikView documents and objects with internal macros or from external programs.
The complete documentation of the automation interface can be found in the QlikView API Guide in the installation directory under Documentation.
The automation interface is an integral part of QlikView. No additional installations or modules are necessary.
Control of QlikView through automation and macros
External access to QlikView
With the help of automation programs in Visual Basic or C ++, QlikView objects can be accessed from external programs.
This code is used to control QlikView from other applications or programs.
Executable files can be started from QlikView with a start button.
Internal macro interpreter
You can also control individual objects in QlikView using the integrated macro interpreter.
Macros that were created as VBScript or JScript within a QlikView document can be started by various triggers:
Document level triggers:
- Macros can be started when a document is opened.
- Macros can be started when the script is executed.
- Macros can be started after the command Limit data.
- Macros can be started with every selection action.
Worksheet level triggers:
- Macros can be started when activating a worksheet.
- Macros can be started when a worksheet is deactivated.
Object level trigger:
- Macros can be started when an object is activated.
- Macros can be started when an object is deactivated.
Macro start via button:
- Macros can be started by clicking on a self-created button in the document.
Triggers at field level:
- Macros can be started when values are selected in a specific field.
- Macros can be launched when the selection is updated in a specific field.
- Macros can be started when the selection is blocked in a certain field.
- Macros can be started in a certain field when a locked selection is released.
Trigger at variable level:
- Macros can be started when a value is entered for a specific variable.
- Macros can be started when the value of a variable changes, for example through selection actions.
- What is iron ore
- The re-election will take place in MCD
- How valuable are weighted push-ups
- What is a Motown theme
- The drug Mobic is a blood thinner
- What video games come with physical cards
- Do you think Nxt is comparable to Ethereum
- Which are the websites for clothes
- Why can't steel tools be case-hardened?
- What trend would you bring back
- How do I escape it all
- Bhutan has internet access
- Make restaurants dishes in advance
- What is the best definition of technology
- Why did Hitler never visit Japan?
- Why don't I have wisdom teeth?
- Is Pinterest still an invitation-only site
- God supports homosexuals
- Mention the Dead Sea Scrolls to Allah
- What is a two-layer CD
- Can British missiles reach Russia?
- Why are IPAs so bitter
- What do you think is hemp
- What are the MATLAB functions