The world's rainforests are slowly disappearing
The loss of tropical forests is fueling climate change
The loss of tropical rainforests due to climate change and industrial agriculture not only stifles animals and plants, but also fuels climate change. The Club of Rome warns against a progression of this spiral. The situation is serious, but not yet hopeless.
"The meeting of agro-industry, climate change and the fragmentation of land by roads is a deadly cocktail of poison," criticized the longstanding director general of WWF International, Claude Martin, in his report on the status quo of the tropical forests. "If the rainforests disappear, our climate will tip over and if we don't stop climate change, the tropical forests will hardly be able to be saved." Although deforestation has progressed somewhat more slowly in some regions such as Brazil, Martin said. In Southeast Asia, however, it has accelerated. Numerous palm oil plantations were created there. A lot of forest has to give way to the cultivation of soy.
"We are about to eat up the rainforest in a very unsustainable way," said Martin. Primary forests larger than the size of India have already disappeared through logging alone.
Brazil as a model - and under pressure
Rainforests are important greenhouse gas stores. “In normal years, 0.4 to 0.6 gigatons of carbon are bound by the rainforest in the Amazon basin alone,” explained Martin. This slows down climate change.
In Brazil, the country with the largest rainforest
- Why do people hate Delhi
- Who will replace Dhoni Raina or Virat
- Why is carbon dioxide an organic compound
- Where do people get their values from?
- Thank you a b or thank you a b
- MX player for PC
- How do I hang up our phone
- Why are the energy values increasing
- What should you serve with Italian beef
- Can a student do data science
- What inspires people to run for president?
- What's worse is loneliness or rejection
- Americans like Indian music
- Should the electoral commission revise the election code
- Who is the best endocrinologist in Bhubaneswar
- Is freelance. A new way in life
- Believe a bad habit
- Envy is a sin in the Bible
- How does the mobile Meetintro app work
- What were the consequences of the First World War
- You can use waterproof plywood
- How is inappropriate sinus tachycardia diagnosed
- We could ruin the earth
- For what reason does valve overlap occur