How long does a dental school internship last
Intern in practice: you should pay attention to this!
School internships are part of everyday life in dental practices. Before the intern comes to the practice, however, some important points must be observed to protect the intern, the patient and the practice team - a contract can also be useful.
Student in the dental office? Yes, of course: as interns you make the practice unsafe - and if things go well, you will find your dream job. Syda Productions - Fotolia
A written contract is not required if students are working in the practice as part of an internship. In order to create clarity and reliability, however, the Federal Association of German Employers (BdA) recommends using a contract between the parties in its "Internship Guide" for this as well. The following points should be included in the contract:
- the name and address of the contracting parties,
- the learning and training goals pursued with the internship,
- Start and duration of the internship,
- Duration of the regular daily internship,
- Payment and amount of remuneration (no remuneration is provided for compulsory internships)
- Duration of leave (no leave is provided for mandatory internships)
- a general reference to the collective bargaining agreements, works or service agreements that are to be applied to the internship.
- Termination / termination of the internship
Rights and duties of the intern
According to Section 5 of the Youth Labor Protection Act, children under the age of 15 are generally not allowed to be employed. Exceptions:
- Compulsory school internship in secondary school (company internship)
- Full-time schooling young people over 15 years of age during the holidays for a maximum of 4 weeks per calendar year (e.g. trial apprenticeship)
In principle, the Youth Labor Protection Act applies to company internships. According to this, the duration of the daily working time must not exceed 8 hours, 40 hours a week.
Students under 15 may be employed a maximum of 7 hours per day and a total of 35 hours per week.
Student interns are not allowed to set up any work in which they are exposed to the harmful effects of biological agents. Dealing with blood, urine, saliva and other body excretions is therefore prohibited during the internship, as is any activity with stabbing and cutting contaminated objects. This means:
- In principle, the intern is only allowed to watch.
- The intern may never work on the patient.
- The intern may not be used in the areas of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of medical products (instruments).
However, the situation is different for interns who do not fall into the school internship category: Due to the modified evidence law in the course of the minimum wage, employers who employ interns for a period of one month must enter into an internship contract with them. Before starting work, the parts of the contract must be formulated and signed and handed over to the intern. According to Section 2 of the Evidence Act, the above-mentioned points must be included in the internship contract.
With this voluntary internship there is also an obligation of the internship provider to pay remuneration to the intern during the internship from §§ 26, 17 of the Vocational Training Act (BBiG). From this, in connection with the Federal Holiday Act, the holiday entitlement of at least two working days per month is derived. The amount of the remuneration is not regulated by law.
The guidelines for internships are published by the Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal Association of German Employers' Associations, the Central Association of German Crafts, the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce and the Federal Association of Liberal Professions.
Here you can find the guidelines of the BdA.
The security of your data is a key concern for us. In order to be able to protect this data even better in the future, your password must be at least 8 characters long and at least three of the following four Have features:
- Capital letter
- Lowercase letter
- special character
If your password does not yet match these characteristics, you will be asked to choose a new password the next time you log in.
- How cute is your mother
- What is meant by Open Source CMS
- Would you like to have a curious neighbor
- Which metal does not react and why
- What are your Quora milestones
- Why is so little talked about autism?
- What is the habitat of the kakapos
- How do you shut down OpenVMS
- Why is the goddess Durga Durlabha called
- Is it good to smoke bhang
- Is a word that is capitalized after a comma
- Should I choose Maruti Suzuki Celerio?
- Why can't I use Terminal 1?
- Why do I have terrible social skills
- Would Quadroons have been slaves in slavery?
- What is the purpose of library binding
- How heavy is the marching band
- Is pumpkin a fruit vegetable or grain
- Worry about the security of your smartphone
- How are such videos made?
- What color is plutonium
- How flat are flat screens
- Under construction, what are noggins
- When is the summer vacation at Monash University