What does a vehicle number mean
The VIN makes the car unmistakable
With the vehicle identification number, abbreviated to FIN, every car and motorcycle can be clearly identified. It is used by all manufacturers and has replaced the chassis number since 1981.
Every car and every motorcycle has an individual VIN
It can be found in the vehicle registration document and on the vehicle itself
The 17-digit serial number consists of three blocks
What is the VIN and what is it used for?
Until 1981 that wasChassis number the usual "ID" of a car. Since it was usually attached to a sticker in the engine compartment, manipulation was easy. Since then, it has become the standard that aVehicle identification number also stamped into the sheet metal becomes. This procedure is more forgery-proof and makes it more difficult to resell stolen vehicles. And the new name is more precise because, since the 1930s, many cars have not had a separate chassis, but self-supporting bodies.
Where can I find the VIN of my vehicle?
If you want to check the VIN of your vehicle, you have several options. she stands in the registration certificate Part I (vehicle registration) and Part II (vehicle registration). And it exists "physically" and usually multiple timesat the vehicle itself - hence the old term chassis number - on the B-pillar of the door frame, i.e. between the front and rear door, in the driver's door, in the engine and trunk, under the bonnet or on the dashboard. On motorcycles and scooters, the VIN can be found on the steering head or on the fork under the fairing.
How is the VIN composed?
The17-digit VIN consists from three blocks: The first three digits (WMW) are theWorld manufacturer code and in the example shown indicate that the vehicle was built by BMW in Germany. The digits four to nine stand forvehicle description and are a key to the model, series, engine and vehicle type.
Positions 10 to 17 are manufacturer-specific and therefore contain different information. The automakers have details on this.
Sometimes people are tricked when selling a vehicle, especially when it comes to information on age, mileage and possible accidents. Everything you need to know about the actual age of a car can be found here.
* By clicking on the link you will be redirected to an external website, for the content of which the respective website operator is responsible.
How did you like the article?
- Are there advantages to being short
- Who can join the CCP?
- How does recommendation marketing work
- Are cigars more satisfying than cigarettes
- Why does Russian art sell so well?
- How do I maintain the same handwriting
- Who designed the first trench coats
- Who was the inspiration behind Shakespeare's sonnets
- What's after 12th in biology
- Why are Tuemmler classified as mammals
- Are Surrey and Reigate in the same place
- What is your best work advantage
- What are the best PS4 PC headsets
- How is Fergusson College for law studies
- Is Ibrahimovic a better footballer than Messi
- Existentialists believe in determinism
- Would you eat insect-based meat
- Is CH3CH2OH water-soluble
- Abraham Lincoln was a Muslim
- Can I download PDF files to iPad?
- How severe does fibromyalgia get
- What is retinolla cream
- How does SoundHound
- What are the different types of layups