How to convert WordPress to HTML
Convert WordPress project into static HTML page
techgrube.de emerged as a new project from the previous project optimox.de. The old site was still running as a WordPress installation, but it was clear that nothing would happen there. Since the site still has a significant number of visitors per day, I don't want to take the site offline. On the other hand, I didn't want to continue to take care of the maintenance of the WordPress installation.
The solution to the problem was converting the WordPress installation into static HTML pages. Now there are a variety of programs and also WordPress plugins that download a page and make it available offline as HTML pages. The problem with this is that the links change. The page https://mysite.com/beitrag.html is often created from https://mysite.com/beitrag. This would mean that all links set by other websites, including Google search results, would no longer work. A server-side forwarding for each individual contribution was too time-consuming for me.
The solution turned out to be a bit of searching and trying out the WordPress plugin "Simply Static".
This creates a separate folder for each post and places the post in it as index.html. This does not change the links that have been set, since https://mysite.com/beitrag/index.html can also be accessed via https://mysite.com/beitrag, since the web server usually automatically displays the index Deliver .html.
After the installation, the plugin first checks whether it has all the necessary rights or which additional rights or tools are required.
The HTML pages can then be created in a defined folder and downloaded if desired.
Another feature of the plugin is that the domain for which the HTML pages are created can be changed. For example, the project can be located locally on mypc.local, but the links in the HTML pages are created for mysite.com. Thus it would also be possible to use a WordPress installation locally, with all the advantages that WordPress offers when creating and organizing posts. After writing a post, the page is then exported to mysite.com, where it is only available in the form of static pages, which increases both security and speed. Interactive elements of WordPress such as comments or the multi-user system are of course lost.
For my use case, converting an abandoned project, the plugin is perfect. optimox.de can still be reached and is now completely maintenance-free for me.
- How many worlds did God create?
- What is separation
- How is GNDU Amritsar for the pharmacy
- Why isn't Quora answering my emails
- How popular is Marques Brownlee
- Under construction, what are noggins
- Are there laundromats in predominantly white areas
- Jewish people live in Iran
- What skills are required for logistics
- How deep is an earth fault
- Why is Sega Saturn a failure
- Which do you prefer Apple or Android
- Who is the strongest male superhero
- Who is the best crossfit athlete
- What are the advantages of high strength steel
- Would the parliament work in the Philippines
- Is caste important in Great Britain
- What does new node mean as next zero
- Who is a good looking male model
- What is packet switching
- Can a Canon camera record a video
- Why do some people boycott Pepsi?
- The medical school ages you
- Can dogs be spiritual?
- Miss Sehwag's shots in cricket
- Hooch inmate made alcohol in jail
- What is the darkest tone
- How does the football transfer come about
- Who killed the electric car
- Which vegetables except cabbage ferment well?
- Accepts Adsense Movies Blog
- Can cats withstand high temperatures?
- How advertisers acquire podcasts