What is hemorrhagic pericarditis
Myocarditis can be caused as an inflammatory disease of the heart muscle tissue, infectious (especially viral) or non-infectious. It can be acute or chronic. Anamnestic should include a statement like "Since I had the flu, I always feel so limp and I am not really resilient!" think of myocarditis. Histopathologically, an inflammatory infiltration of the muscle tissue leads to the dissolution of the muscle cells (myocytolysis). With regard to the clinical symptoms as well as the examination results, the disease creates a colorful picture: the symptoms range from symptom-free healing to the occurrence of unspecific exhaustion (dizziness, weakness) and thoracic pain to fulminant courses with acute heart failure and threatening arrhythmias.
Fugitive ECG changes (e.g. arrhythmias or concave-shaped ST elevations) or increased laboratory heart enzymes can be detected diagnostically - more precise information is usually provided by imaging, especially cardio-MRI. If the findings are unclear, a myocardial biopsy may be necessary, although this is not completely risk-free as an interventional procedure. When planning therapy, the main focus is on symptomatic treatment with physical rest and inpatient monitoring in order to be able to identify and treat threatening complications such as cardiac arrhythmias and decompensated cardiac insufficiency at an early stage. Depending on the genesis, causal therapy is also possible, e.g. antibiotics for bacterial myocarditis.
- Exact incidence unclear
- It is estimated that 1-5% of all viral infections are associated with cardiac involvement
- Frequent incidental finding in autopsies of young people who suddenly died (approx. 10%)
Unless otherwise stated, the epidemiological data refer to Germany.
Symptoms / clinic
The clinical symptoms of myocarditis are unspecific and very heterogeneous - they range from asymptomatic to fulminant courses!
Gradient and special forms
- Chronically active
- Chronically persistent
EKG / long-term EKG
Analogous to the clinical symptoms, a very different and possibly temporary ECG manifestation is possible.
- What is the scientific name for sago
- How do drugs affect my liver
- Are vinegars bad for your teeth?
- What do you think of Houston, Texas
- Do you love BlackPink
- What was Sputnik's purpose many years ago
- Is there an alternative to Qlikview
- Should you lock a cat up at night
- How do I kill a boa constrictor
- Is Sergeant E5 a real rank
- Who invented tourism
- Can EMV credit cards get wet?
- What should I use for acne spots?
- Is Flutter a language or an SDK
- What removes boiling water
- What are all examples of clichés
- Which zone is Earls Court
- How do galaxies vary
- How is GNDU Amritsar for the pharmacy
- What distinguishes an excellent transport service
- What is an onclick event
- What can cause brown ear wax
- Do you believe in ghosts And why
- Which is a well known antioxidant