What did Shakespeare do for psychology
Skewered: Doctor Shakespeare
Heaton stated: Shakespeare was evidently an expert on psychosomatic symptoms. In total, he found at least 46 places in 42 works in which characters suffer from shortness of breath due to boiling emotions, become physically completely tired from grief after severe strokes of fate or lose their hearing due to psychological stress. In five works? including in? Romeo and Juliet ?? Male characters suffer from dizzy spells. In the 46 works of other authors of the 16th century, Heaton came across only 15 such descriptions.
In addition, Shakespeare describes the respective suffering in much more detail than his contemporaries. He not only mentions the symptoms, but also the associated feelings of his characters. This is what King Lear expresses when he gets caught in a thunderstorm with his faithful fool:? The storm in my mind takes away all feeling from my senses than what beats in my heart.? Translated into the language of modern neurologists: Lear's brain is so preoccupied with its strong emotions that it is incapable of other messages from the body? like the cold and wet of the thunderstorm? to register.
Heaton suspects that Shakespeare was very much aware of these connections. The doctor would like to create precisely this awareness among his colleagues. Far too seldom connections are made between psychological stress and physical complaints. This is crucial in order to refer patients to the right specialist.
Now it may be that Shakespeare knew better than many modern medical professionals. However, he probably did not use emotions and the resulting complaints to distinguish himself in medicine, but rather used them as a stylistic device to make his characters appear more human and thus gain the empathy of his readers and theater-goers. But it could also have subconsciously processed its own body awareness, speculates Heaton. Those who do not trust their doctor to do this can now fill this gap with world literature.
- Are laptops good for gaming?
- USA Are you still a world power
- How dangerous it is to drop a bomb
- Bhutan has internet access
- What is a bridge camera in photography
- How does mental stress affect physical health?
- Is Chennai a well planned city
- How do I solve resistance 1
- What is required for photosynthesis
- How are female K-pop artists treated
- How is kgf related to Newton?
- Why are there still murderers
- What is the discounting principle in business administration
- Can my PC handle a GTX 1080?
- Can BSNL prepaid be converted into postpaid
- Is Carrier a good air conditioner
- What is the Fibonacci spiral
- Have there ever been Buddhist missionaries
- How committed is Slack to PHP
- Will the custom recovery blinking block my phone
- What is your opinion on Actualized org
- Why do Vulcans have large, pointed ears?
- Is it easy to achieve CGPA in SRM
- How do I plan to move states