Is D3 js or Highchart js better
Embed diagrams in your own website
There are several ways to create diagrams and charts for a website or blog. A large number of libraries and software products for creating diagrams are available for this.
There are various reasons for using diagrams on your own website. In particular, if you want to display data in context, it is worth using diagrams to improve user-friendliness. For example, you can use diagrams to clearly display survey results. If you run a finance blog, you can also graphically display historical prices with the help of diagrams. When web diagrams are well made, they exude professionalism and authority, which can improve user loyalty and ultimately lead to more success.
If you want to include a diagram or graph on your website, you have various options:
- Use of a chart library such as Chart.js
- Chart and diagram extensions for content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Joomla or Typo3
- Special software for creating diagrams without programming knowledge
- Insert diagrams as an image
In the following, the various options are presented in more detail and explained in detail how diagrams can be created for the website. Each option has advantages and disadvantages that we would also like to address. Real-time diagrams in particular, the data base of which changes periodically, are somewhat more complex to implement.
Libraries for creating graphs
- Are you ready to spend money on a solution, especially if you need support?
- What type of diagram would you like to add to your website? Are these diagram types supported by the library?
- Do you like the look of a library's diagrams better than others?
- Do you need special functions for your diagrams?
The following selection of chart libraries includes the most widely used and popular solutions for creating web charts.
Google offers its own framework for creating diagrams and charts. Google Charts is free to use and currently supports up to 18 different chart types.
jqPlot is a plugin for the jQuery Framework. Especially if you already use jQuery on your website, using jqPlot can pay off. jqPlot is open-source and can be used under the MIT or GPL license.
D3.js is a very extensive library for data visualization on the Internet with a large number of use cases. Not only diagrams but also infographics such as networks or hierarchies are supported. Great diagrams with appealing animations have already been realized with the help of D3.js. A look at the D3.js examples is really worthwhile and can give you new impetus for creating diagrams.
Extensions and plugins for creating web diagrams
If you use a modular system for your website, you may be able to fall back on functionality with which you can create web diagrams. There are also a number of extensions and plugins for creating diagrams for websites that are implemented with the help of content management systems (CMS), such as WordPress or Joomla.
A disadvantage of CMS-specific extensions is that this solution may no longer work if you want to switch to a different CMS. Then you would have to check to what extent the diagrams can be migrated to a new extension, which ultimately leads to additional work.
No Coding Graph and Chart Solutions
There are also many solutions that allow you to build a chart in a special editor without any programming knowledge. You just need to copy the code into your website which simplifies the process and typically reduces the time that you need to publish a chart.
PrettyCharts offers a simple to use form to create a web chart and is based on Chart.js. Once you have configured your chart you can simply copy over the code and include it in your website. PrettyCharts also offers the possibility to automatically create a web chart from an image or HTML table.
Insert diagram as picture
The technically easiest way to display a diagram on the website is to take a screenshot of a diagram and then insert it as an image. A variety of software can be used to create the graph, such as Microsoft Excel or Libre Office Calc. There are also many software products for creating screenshots. All you have to do is upload the image to your web server and insert it using HTML code or a WYSIWYG editor.
However, this solution has some disadvantages: While images can be integrated responsively into the website, there is the option of scaling axes independently for diagrams so that the available space on the display can be better used. Static images also do not allow any interaction with the site visitor. Users cannot zoom into a diagram or read diagram values by hovering. Diagram-specific animation cannot be implemented for images either. Another major disadvantage is that when the diagram is adjusted, a new screenshot always has to be created and uploaded to the server. Dynamic diagrams that are automatically renewed cannot be displayed with this approach.
Include dynamic diagrams on the website
The greatest challenge is usually presented by graphs in which the data change periodically. The graph should be automatically updated with the new data. Certain chart extensions offer possible solutions here, such as a connection to a database table. If the content of the database table changes, the chart is automatically rebuilt when the page is loaded. If you want to refresh the content of the diagram without manual refresh (F5), technologies such as AJAX can be used to load new data from the web server in the browser and to update the diagram.
Please contact us if you need assistance in creating diagrams for your own website. We are also happy to assist you with the development of individual diagram solutions and real-time diagrams.
- How do you reset a Wii to factory settings?
- How has Integrity helped you
- How long should a summary be
- How was your SSB experience 5 days
- Who was Metallica's greatest influence
- How we can approve our English language
- Which is better TranscribeMe or Rev.
- How do I fix crashed windows
- What is a batch dynamic data structure
- How do I simplify my knowledge
- What is the best treatment for jaundice
- What does educated guessing mean
- Are you trilingual
- All cats are affectionate
- What does it mean to pool money in mutual funds
- A sprained wrist can cause shoulder pain
- How do I translate a document
- Why are the election results not spontaneous
- The jail actually corrects someone
- Cement burns heal by themselves
- What do you think is nationalism
- Who is Trump's boyfriend Jim
- What shows are you watching right now
- What is the difference between chemistry and biology
- Where can I download CorelDRAW software
- Are smoke-related health problems overrated?
- What are some nerve-wracking statements
- How do you overcome a species block
- What caused the Argentine economic crisis
- How many types of kisses are there
- How long does the average mosquito live
- Why don't girls come after me
- What do new managers want to know
- Bakugo will be angry