The energy of quarks is quantized
The strong interaction
In our group, we particularly explore one of the four basic forces, the strong interaction. This strongest force in nature is responsible for the binding of quarks into the observed hadrons. Hadrons are precisely those non-elementary particles that are subject to the strong interaction. They consist of quarks that are held together by the gluons. The strong force is through the Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD) described. This is a gauge theory, similar to electrodynamics; In contrast to electrodynamics, where there is only one kind of charge (which can appear with a positive or negative sign), there are three kinds of charges in QCD, which are called colors, e.g. red, green and blue.
The gauge theories are always based on a certain symmetry operation, the application of which leaves the physical results unchanged. So there is a certain amount of redundancy. The QCD is based on the gauge symmetry with the Lie group SU (3) as a symmetry group, in contrast to electrodynamics, on which the group U (1) is based. While in electrodynamics the force particles or gauge bosons, the Photons, themselves do not carry any charge and therefore do not exert any forces on one another (two rays of light penetrate one another without interaction), the exchange particles of the QCD carry the Gluons, even a color charge so that they interact with each other. This gives the Strong Force a number of unusual properties:
- What is PIM
- What are the traditional Jewish Sabbath foods
- When does McDonalds close breakfast
- How is life in Helsinki Finland
- Can I automate Selenium C with AutoIt?
- Deep learning is just over-fitting
- Why is eating pigs considered a sin?
- What is concrete fatigue
- Is there an alternative to Qlikview
- Which control panel do hosting companies use
- Is marriage allowed while the stewardess is working?
- Where did Lord Gautam Buddha get salvation from?
- What can India really do
- Will RCAF CC 130 aircraft ever be used?
- Can we see a quasar from Earth
- How do thoughts come to mind
- What is the student's opinion on demonization?
- What kind of person has no empathy?
- Is there one god or many
- What is axial displacement
- Constipation can increase your risk of cancer
- Are drinking laws enforced in Mexico?
- What is stopping you from volunteering more regularly?
- What is the Gaussian Elimination Method