Why are spammers never stopped
Detect and filter unwanted advertisements in iCloud
Learn how iCloud filters out unsolicited bulk email, also known as junk mail or spam.
Automatic filtering of unwanted advertisements in iCloud
iCloud uses technologies like trending analysis and dynamic lists to automatically detect and block unwanted advertisements before they reach your inbox. Although unwanted advertisements cannot be completely avoided, here are a few tips to help you get as little junk mail as possible.
Do not open messages that appear to be spam
Sometimes just opening a questionable e-mail can notify the spam sender that the e-mail was received and opened by an active e-mail account, which often leads to even more spam. Therefore, delete any messages that look like junk mail without opening them first - this will reduce the risk of receiving more spam.
Spammers can use the email image loader to determine if your email account is active. To prevent images from loading automatically:
- In Mail on your Mac, choose Mail> Preferences. On the Appearance tab, deselect Load Removed Content In Messages.
- In iCloud Mail, click the Actions menu in the sidebar and choose Settings. In the General tab, deselect “Load images in HTML emails”.
Consider iCloud email alias
You can use an iCloud email alias to help prevent unwanted advertising sent to your primary iCloud email address. For example, you can use your primary iCloud email address to communicate with friends and relatives and use an email alias for online registrations, purchasing products, joining mailing lists, or similar purposes. This makes it easier for you to keep track of the senders of unsolicited messages.
Report unwanted advertising
Filtering unwanted advertisements at the server level is only part of the solution. You can report messages as junk mail in the Mail app, which further improves the filtering of junk mail in iCloud. Future e-mails from the same sender are then automatically marked as unwanted advertising.
To mark an email as junk mail:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the email, tap the flag below, then tap "Move to Advertisement".
- On the Mac, select the email and click the Is Ads button on the Mail toolbar. You can also simply drag the email into the "Advertising" folder in the sidebar.
- On iCloud.com, select the email, then click the flag button and choose “Move to Advertisement.” You can also just drag the email to the Advertisement folder in the sidebar.
Correct false positive classifications
Spam filters can also ensure that a desired e-mail is blocked and does not reach your inbox. This scenario is commonly referred to as a "false positive" rating.
If a desired e-mail is accidentally filtered out, you can mark it as "No advertising" - then all future e-mails from the same sender will reach your inbox:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the email in the Advertising folder, tap the folder icon at the bottom, then tap Inbox to move the email.
- On the Mac, select the email and click the No Ads button on the Mail toolbar. You can also just drag the email into the inbox in the sidebar.
- On iCloud.com, select the email, then click No Ads in the notification bar at the top of the email window. You can also just drag the email into the inbox in the sidebar.
If you find that multiple emails are delayed, rejected, or not delivered, please contact iCloud support directly. Make sure to check your advertising folder for email messages that have been mistakenly marked as spam. To check the junk mail folder on iCloud.com, choose the Mail app and click the junk mail folder in the sidebar. Email messages in the junk mail folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.
- Who invented films
- What are the best native ad networks
- Why is Mossberg better than Remington
- How does a SAM destroy an airplane
- How is nasal mucus made
- What is 1G
- Which is the best notebook under 60k
- What are kleistogamous flowers
- Do you make strange noises in public?
- In Overwatch, where is the Baptist from
- How efficient is the car wash
- How important is the ecological balance
- Why does China want Arunachal Pradesh 2
- What's your rating of Discourse org
- What is the best progressive news website
- How can I lose fat there?
- How do you market by email
- How can email marketing conversions be improved?
- What are acute sports injuries
- How do billionaires get so rich
- What is the best Kindle or a tablet
- Skipping ropes can shape the body
- Guitarists have to read music
- Is the Tezpur Universitys CSE branch good