How is cream made
Cream products all consist of the basic product cream and have a minimum fat content of 10 percent.
In the past, the cream was simply skimmed off the surface of the milk as cream and separated from the lean milk below. Today the milk is centrifuged, which separates the high-fat cream from the skimmed milk. This process is also known as skimming the milk. The cream obtained contains less milk protein, but more fat-soluble vitamins than conventional milk.
In the next step, the cream is heat-treated for cream production. The heat treatment processes used here (pasteurization, UTH, sterilization) are the same as those used for the production of drinking milk. The further processing of the products differs depending on whether it is sweet cream or sour cream products.
For the sweet cream products, the cream matures in the cold room after heat treatment for 2-5 days and can then be bottled. These include the following products:
For the sour cream products, the cream must be inoculated with lactic acid bacteria after the heat treatment and incubated (fermented) for 1-2 days at 20-40 degrees Celsius. The sour cream products include the following:
- Ordinance on milk products (Milkzeugnisverordnung - MilchErzV)
- State Association of the Dairy Industry North Rhine-Westphalia e.V. (www.dialog-milch.de)
- aid (2013): Milk and milk products, brochure from aid infodienst 1008/2013
- What is your favorite site
- Can we read a book in grade 10?
- What are some must-see documentaries
- Are related to Tommy DeVito and Danny DeVito
- What characteristics make a taxi company safe
- Is Tom Bombadil a Radagast
- What are the basic steps for the CNC
- What smells like Jergens lotion
- Why didn't Beyonce and Jay Z divorce
- Are you going to Berlin Blockchain Week
- What is a semiconductor made of
- How does technology worsen relationships
- Is there a need for foldable smartphones
- What is the science behind applause
- What are five simple uses of math
- How do we find seed capital investors
- Why is there ignorance
- Can cardboard be recycled several times
- Is Ulriikka a common Finnish name
- Astrology or love, whichever is more important
- How did your dog save your life
- What is the antonyms of alleviate
- Which of the disciples of Jesus was the treasurer
- What is the origin of the chalk on the sidewalk