Why is baseball not popular in Germany?
History of baseball
The beginnings of baseball are not exactly known. Tradition shows that even before the birth of Christ people played games with bats and balls. A game called "base ball" was first mentioned in England in 1744. In 1796 the book appeared with the first set of rules for baseball Games for exercise and relaxation of the body and mind of the German sports educator Johann Christoph Friedrich GutsMuths. Emigrants then brought the batball game to the United States, where it is one of the most popular sports alongside basketball and American football. The economically strongest and best professional league nowadays is accordingly the North American Major League Baseball (MLB).
In the USA, today's regulations were developed from the middle of the 19th century. The first club officially founded in 1845 were the New York Knickerbockers. Together with Alexander Cartwright, the association drew up an initial set of rules, which, however, was by no means as comprehensive and complex and known as the "Knickerbocker Rules". Rather, only binding rules for cases of doubt were specified. In 1858, the first baseball association of clubs from 25 cities in the states of New York and New Jersey was formed. In 1869 the baseball club Cincinnnati Red Stockings "was the first official professional team in modern sport. Two years later the first professional league was founded. To this day, the US Major League" is the most important league in the world and that Measure of all things.
The main area of distribution was first in the Northeast and Midwest, the western United States soon followed. In the southern states and the Rocky Mountains, baseball did not spread until the last decades of the 20th century.
The MLB organizes the game operations of the two North American professional leagues, the National League and the American League. The winners of the respective league meet each other in October for the final of the so-called "World Series". The World Series are just as popular in the US as the Super Bowl. In addition to the USA, baseball is now particularly popular in South America and East Asia.
Baseball came to Germany with the American troops after the end of World War II. The Frankfurt Juniors were the first German club when they were founded in 1959. In the 1950s, the first German champions were determined in a Bundesliga and the Amateur Baseball Federation Germany was founded. In 1980 it was renamed the "German Baseball and Softball Association". From the 1980s onwards, baseball became increasingly popular and stepped out of its wallflower existence.
Baseball was Olympic from 1992 to 2008, but only for men. Many countries only sent amateur players and the audience enthusiasm was very limited. Softball, a form of baseball played by women, was Olympic from 1996 to 2008.
- Primitive jellyfish had spines
- Where should I visit in Costa Rica
- What inspired the Sherlock TV series
- Can we make money online via WhatsApp
- How does an airbrush work
- Is it stupid to be sentimental?
- Which is the oldest musical instrument
- How do I join the FBI SWAT
- How is mead served
- What are some eco-friendly smartphone companies
- Research has a definition
- Who was Georg Britting
- Films are for entertainment group discussions only
- What would make people care about lakes?
- Which BTS member would you prefer to interview?
- Between India and Bangladesh who will win
- Who is God's favorite band
- How were cassette decks invented
- What is your opinion on the multimining website
- Which laptops can play 4k HD videos
- May a doctor have psychological skills
- Why is Quora not introducing sponsored responses
- Syncs Square with Quickbooks
- Which pressure produces progesterone and why