What are gender-linked traits
Certain traits are gender-linked
White eyes mutant
Discovered in 1912 Bridges, an employee of Morgan, a white-eyed Drosophila mutant. Crossing attempts with these white-eyed animals produced strange results.
If you cross a white-eyed female with a wild male, the F1 generation is not uniform! Are in the F1 generation all females red-eyed and all males white-eyed.
According to Mendel's rule of uniformity, all animals should be red-eyed.
The gene is on the X sex chromosome
The gene for the white eye color must be on the X chromosome and be recessive. In the F1 generation, this is fully expressed in males because they lack a second X chromosome.
If you cross such red-eyed F1 females with white-eyed males, you get white-eyed females and males as well as red-eyed females and males in the F2 generation.
The following diagram of the chromosomes illustrates this.
Sex chromosomes x and y
If one compares the chromosomes of males and females in Drosophila (and also in humans), one finds that, in addition to the three chromosomes occurring in pairs, one does not appear in pairs in males. The fourth pair of chromosomes consists of a rod-shaped X chromosome and a hook-shaped Y chromosome. In females, one of the pairs of chromosomes corresponds exactly to the X chromosome in males.
X and Y chromosomes are called Sex chromosomesbecause with them the determination of sex is connected. The remaining chromosomes are called Autosomes designated. So males in Drosophila (and also in humans) have XY combination, females XX combination of the sex chromosomes.
Links to related topics
- Is it possible to shut down someone's wifi?
- How to dewormer a kitten
- Where does the official passport come from?
- Is sugar a carcinogen?
- How much does a lever harp weigh
- How are leather jackets made
- Can the humanities really be scientific?
- Did you somehow learn to save money
- What does in bash
- Which parser is used in YACC
- How good are the Chicago Bears 1
- What is the oldest face sculpture
- How do Zinfandel and rose wines differ?
- Can mental illness affect us physically?
- What if someone wants to date you
- What software did you do
- Who is Houzz's biggest competition
- How are delivery vans packed
- How do I buy Microsoft Office 365
- What's wrong with genetically modified foods
- What types of Office files are there
- Will fossil fuels run out in 2021?
- Lurking in a conference call unethical
- Did Napoleon Bonaparte ever visit Kampala Uganda
- How heavy is the marching band
- Why do we want God
- Where can I learn Lisp
- Is your pug picky
- How was your first day at NASA
- What is the most successful song by The Turtles
- Who is Allat
- How do religions brainwash people
- When will Sprint stop offering CDMA service?
- Where can you learn about beekeeping?