How cold is too cold to sleep
WHAT IS THE SLEEP TEMPERATURE? - GLOSSARY
What is the sleeping temperature?
The Sleeping temperature, also Sleeping environment called, has an important influence on a restful night's sleep and thus contributes to the physical and mental well-being of the person. The sleeping climate is influenced by the temperature and humidity in the bedroom, but also by the choice of duvet and duvet covers and the breathability of the mattress.
Experts have long agreed that it is not the length of sleep, but the quality of sleep that determines how relaxed and energetic you feel the next morning. The correct sleeping temperature plays an important role in good sleep and should therefore be taken into account in sleeping habits.
What is the optimal sleeping temperature?
Climate neutral is the keyword in connection with the determination of the correct sleeping temperature. The bedroom temperature should not be too high or too low and ensure that the environment is adequately oxygenated. For a sound sleep and a comfortable sleeping environment So it is important to ensure that the body neither sweats nor freezes at night. According to scientists, that lies optimal sleeping temperature for adults in the range of 15 ° C to 18 ° C. For babies and toddlers it is 18 ° C to 19 ° C.
However, every person has an individual sense of cold and warmth. Personal preferences play a role in the ideal sleeping temperature so an important role. While one person complains of cold feet in winter, another may perceive a cooler room temperature as exactly fitting and voluntarily turn down the heating. In general, it is advisable not to heat the bedroom as much as the other rooms, as one cool sleeping temperature can help you fall asleep.
The right ventilation behavior
This can be done with the right ventilation behavior Sleeping environment beneficial influence. Sleeping all night with the window open or tilted is not recommended. Especially in the cold winter months, the air in the bedroom cools down too much, which can lead to neck tension and colds. Better for them Sleeping temperature is to ventilate vigorously just before going to sleep. In this way, the room is supplied with fresh air without it becoming too cold in the long run.
How can the mattress improve the sleeping climate?
Not only heating, air conditioning and ventilation behavior are direct factors that affect the Sleeping temperature impact. You can also do that with the choice of mattress Sleeping environment influence according to your wishes and ensure all-round restful sleeping comfort. Because how well the mattress can transport heat and moisture largely determines the sleeping climate.
Pocket spring mattresses are characterized by their high breathability, because the spiral springs in the core of the mattress create enough space so that the air can circulate well within the mattress. In this way, heat and moisture can be reliably dissipated from the body. A mattress with pocket spring core is recommended for everyone who prefers a cooler sleeping environment or who gets warm quickly at night.
Who a warmer one Sleeping temperature want to enjoy meets with mattresses cold foam or Gel foam the right choice. The open-pored foam allows moisture to be transported away from the body. At the same time, the foam adapts to the body temperature, so that a balanced sleeping environment can arise.
How do duvets and bedclothes affect sleeping temperature?
The choice of duvet and bedding affects that Sleeping temperature Likewise. A duvet, for example, serves the purpose of keeping the body warm at night. For this are especially in winter Down comforters popular because the down feathers have a warming effect. At the same time, when choosing the duvet, care should be taken to ensure that the filling and cover are breathable so that the body does not overheat and sweat.
Even with the Bed linen it is important that it is made of a skin-friendly, breathable fabric that prevents accumulated heat. Especially in winter, the bed linen can of course have a warming function. It is not for nothing that, for example, beaver or terrycloth bed linen, which is made of a thicker, soft material, is used especially in winter. On the other hand, cotton, Renforcé or jersey are suitable as fabrics for all-season bed linen, as they are skin-friendly and moisture-regulating.
The right sleeping temperature in winter
In winter, given the falling outside temperatures, many people tend to have a lot of heating in the bedroom. For restful sleeping comfort, the Sleeping temperature
- Are AP classes a trap
- Does the government really support net neutrality?
- Why are Indian public places so dirty
- Why can kidney failure cause hallucinations
- Which country has more sheep than people?
- What are the effects of medical anesthesia
- What will happen without your help
- The founders of Sikhism were originally Hindus
- What develops consciousness
- Are Theresa Mays moving wrong
- Will Americans do arranged marriages?
- What are some simple hacks to improve resume
- Why do alpha particles have high ionization?
- How do I know myself
- How many spreadsheets have ever been created
- What about latency and ping in gaming
- Why is Auschwitz so famous in history
- What is your favorite surfboard
- How do I date someone from BTS
- What does subconscious mean
- Can we stop Donald Trump's crazy plans?
- Why are Amsterdam's cafes closing
- The principle of thrift is logical
- How does childhood trauma affect mental health
- How many championships do the warriors have
- What is mentally fit
- Is Dortmund in the Champions League
- Between which countries was the Cold War?
- Are printing services taxable?
- What are the penis enlargement techniques
- How cool is it to beat up Trump
- Why can't you say the F word
- Miami has a large LGBT community