Is Google Islamophobic
Google: YouTube must block anti-Islam films
The video platform YouTube has been ordered by a US court to publish the controversial anti-Islam film The innocence of the Muslims to take from the network. A US appeals court upheld actress Cindy Lee Garcia's request to block the amateur film.
In the amateur film, the prophet Mohammed is denigrated as a violent criminal, womanizer, homosexual and child molester. The film's 14-minute trailer sparked anti-Western protests in the summer of 2012 with several dead.
Cindy Lee Garcia had stated in court that she had been hired for the film without the filmmakers having informed her about its anti-Islamic aims. After the film caused outrage among Muslims worldwide and violent protests in some countries, she received death threats.
The judge Alex Kozinski saw it as proven that Garcia could suffer irreparable damage, should the film stay on the net. Google was therefore instructed to remove the film from its video platform YouTube. The group had previously refused to delete the film, as this violated the right to freedom of expression.
According to the court ruling, Garcia was chosen by producer Mark Basseley Youssef for a film with the working title Desert warrior cast. It was only when the amateur film was published on YouTube that Garcia discovered that the footage was in fact intended for an anti-Islamic film about the life of the Prophet Muhammad. Her statements in the film were re-dubbed so that she said something like: "Is your Mohammed a child molester?"
Filmmaker Youssef, who also appeared under the pseudonyms Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and Sam Bacile, was jailed for violating his previous offense parole. But he was released last year.
- Is guava keto friendly
- What is the short form of the antiseptic
- Can Xiaomi repair my damaged, refurbished phone?
- How useful is mind mapping
- How does Mexican culture see death
- What is Chloroplast Dimorphism
- Is Tom Bombadil a Radagast
- Do you have cars in Afghanistan?
- Can chloroform make me sick like vomiting
- Who produced the film BlacKkKlansman
- What is your favorite color highlighter pen
- Is Andro400 a good testosterone supplement
- Was Eminem really homeless ever
- Why is Brisbane so populated
- How can com make money
- Great Britain has two agents
- What is thyroid disease
- What's in an engineer mind
- Is there a way to cure IBS
- How does graph develop
- Would gold go with black and red
- Where do inmates go after the assessment
- How do television actors remember their lines
- What does Dave Consiglio not know