Can Hispanics say the n word 1
"You probably think I shouldn't use the N-word," black actor and comedian Chris Rock once joked on American TV, "but this rule only applies to whites. Any black can say niggers with impunity. Like when you are yours." Kid an idiot. Only you can do that. But if someone else does it, there will be trouble... " But the fronts have never been so clear: Why is "nigger" considered a friendly greeting in some circles, while others are fatally insulted by its use?
Not only in America are such questions hot. In Germany the initiative "The brown mob" has just turned to the media with a request for a politically correct designation of black people. At the same time, an internet initiative supported by rappers is fighting for the abolition of the dubious "niggers" in the USA. - Salutation. A few weeks ago, the African American daily Chicago Defender had put the N word in bold letters on the cover. "Was it our goal to shock you with this lead story?" The editor S. Martin addressed the readers. "Absolutely. But are you also shocked when you hear the word in pop songs, cable TV or the movies?"
Discussion sparked: The trial of 19-year-old white New Yorker Nicholas Minucci, who attacked the black passerby Glenn Moore with a baseball bat - after he called him "nigger". A racist insult? Or just one thanks to HipHop in Depending on the interpretation, the baseball attack would be classified as "hat crime" or "normal" assault. The prosecution argues that Minucci only attacked Moore because he was black in a predominantly white neighborhood dared in Queens, which could mean 25 years in prison for Minucci.
Now one could dismiss the whole thing as sad evidence that the neighborhood in Queens, which was the scene of violent attacks on blacks as early as 1980, is still inhabited by racists. If Minucci's defense attorney hadn't called black hip-hop producer Gary Jenkins, of all people, to the stand.
"The word has long since lost its sting in certain circles," says Jenkins, who once worked with Mary J. Blige and Sean ¸¸P.Diddy "Combs as the manager of Uptown Records. It was turned around by a generation of young people socialized with hip-hop - in the manner of a self-help trick: Those who constantly use the worst possible insult and turn it into a concept of respect rob the word of its hurtful effect. ¸¸What "s up nigga" than a cooler version of ¸¸Halli-hello "?
However, Jenkins added, he had to know more about the background of the defendant before he could assess whether he had used the N-word as a hip-hop aficionado or a racist. ¸¸A white teenager with a gold clasp, hanging baggy pants and a baseball cap on the side is an official hip-hopper and receives a permit. "At least legally. But whether that also applies if the speaker is swinging a baseball bat? Jenkins, known in cross-examination today Lawyer and president of a hip-hop record company that he personally abstained from the N-word: "My people were hanged on that word ... I wish it would go away forever."
- How is IIT Indore 1
- Was the Korean War a failure
- Why can't we fool our brains?
- How to start learning quantum programming
- What do three apartments mean in music
- Supports C Virtual Constructor
- Dubai is closed during Ramadan
- Will guinea pig food harm dogs
- Should my baby sleep with a blanket on
- Are physics and chemistry difficult
- Why horror films are classified as bad
- Thank you a b or thank you a b
- Why is natural erosion a beneficial process
- Which companies are better than Google
- Schaedlingsbekaempfung travel mice through ventilation slots
- Which crop has the maximum cultivation time
- All Christians are saints
- Are women arrogant on dating websites
- How to stop premature ejaculation naturally
- How is winter in Spain
- What is a Moyen poodle
- Is there another explanation for the evil
- What is your favorite Korean music?
- Which industries rely on the sale of emotions