Is there a hyphen in well suited
Not suitable for spelling
Sometimes I think about setting up a separate blog that is all about the incorrect use of hyphens, which would be just as worthwhile as a blog about idiot apostrophe. Here is a new find from a real estate portal:
8 words (if you count 5.5 as a word) - and 5 mistakes that have to do with dashes. Holla!
Let's start at the back. I have already addressed the phenomenon that many people no longer even master the vocabulary of their own field of activity very often (see for example here or here), but it always shakes me. With regard to the number of rooms, everything is included in real estate ads, from "X room apartment" to "X room apartment" and "X room apartment" to "X room apartment" ... just the correct spelling, "X room apartment" with two dashes, I see extremely seldom.
It goes on: The dash before 5.5 must be significantly longer, because it is a dash and not a hyphen.
And finally: "Not suitable for a flat share" does not make any sense linguistically in this spelling. If an apartment is ready to open a shared apartment in it, then it is »suitable for shared accommodation« - a hyphen should be placed between these two words. If the booth is too small or if the landlord simply doesn't want to have shared apartments in it, then the correct answer is »not suitable for shared accommodation« (if the negative is to be emphasized, for me also »NOT suitable for shared accommodation«, but in any case without a hyphen behind the "NOT").
For the sake of completeness: There should be a space in front of the ellipses at the end.
Should I offer spelling seminars for brokers?
- Who invented missiles?
- What is the meaning of Yogasana
- How quickly does a fire burn with sawdust?
- A wedding market can be organized
- How do Virgo men show love
- What is Porter's Generic Strategy
- What is an Artificial Intelligence Presentation
- Baseball players should deadlift
- What about job vacancies in electrical engineering
- What are Gluten Sensitivity Symptoms
- What does a UX researcher do
- Do you have cars in Afghanistan?
- Why should I live morally
- What is the unit of molarity
- What makes BlackPink better than Red Velvet
- Are you a transgender lesbian woman
- What color was ancient Israel?
- Italians hate eating American pizzas
- Booking system platform
- Why can't Pakistan stop terrorism?
- Can a student pilot wear glasses?
- Are narcissistic people really or really romantic?
- How do I jailbreak an HTC phone?
- What is it like to have two faces