How is compostable cutlery possible?
Disposing of compostable dishes: this is how it works!
- ›House & garden
Cardboard, wood, sugar cane or palm leaves: environmentally friendly disposable crockery and cutlery are slowly but surely establishing themselves at school parties, barbecues and the like. But can you just put them in the organic bin or on your own compost after use?
At first they consisted only of cardboard and wood, but now there are one-time dishes and cutlery in addition to cardboard, even made of sugar cane fibers and palm leaves. As an environmentally friendly alternative to single-use plastic products, they are increasingly establishing themselves at school parties, barbecues and other events where reusable products are impractical. But how do you properly dispose of eco-friendly tableware? Can you easily throw it in the organic bin or on your own compost?
Dispose of compostable crockery made of sugar cane fiber, cardboard, etc.: this is how it works!
In principle, disposable cutlery and cutlery made of cardboard, sugar cane and the like can be disposed of in the organic bin. As a consumer, however, one should pay attention to the quality and harmlessness of the products when shopping so that they are actually biodegradable and toxic chemicals do not end up in the food or in the organic waste. With the pure single-use products from Papstar, for example, consumers can be sure that they are actually 100 percent biodegradable.
You can dispose of eco-disposable tableware in the organic bin. When buying single-use tableware, however, pay attention to the quality!
Household amounts - how much is allowed?
If your organic bin contains nothing but paper plates after a street party, it will almost certainly stay where it is. In fact, one should make sure that the disposable eco-products that are disposed of do not exceed normal household quantities. The waste from a barbecue evening with up to 10 people should, however, mix well with the rest of the organic waste and dispose of it.
Compostable dishes, napkins and cutlery
Regardless of whether it is compost or organic waste: after use, disposable plates and bowls made of cardboard or sugar cane should be torn through once or twice if possible before they are mixed with the organic waste. This gives the bacteria more surface to attack, so that the product parts compost in the shortest possible time. Palm leaf dishes are not so easy to tear through, but they also compost very quickly. You can also easily dispose of wooden cutlery in the compost, as well as compostable napkins. You can recognize this at Papstar by a seedling on the packaging.
Be careful with bio-plastic products!
On the other hand, caution is advised with crockery and cutlery made of bio-plastic: These do not belong in the bio-bin or on the compost after use, but should be disposed of in the yellow sack or the yellow bin.
Papstar proves every day in its own offices and in the company canteen that disposable compostable crockery can be disposed of in the organic bin without any problems. Every day around 150 to 200 liters of eco-friendly disposable tableware are composted here along with kitchen waste and coffee grounds from coffee machines. Every month around 400 liters of compost are produced, which are distributed on hedges, bushes and in beds on the company premises and thus added back to nature.
You can see clearly how to properly dispose of pure products here:
You might also be interested in:
Waste separation: This goes in the residual waste, organic waste and the yellow bin
Avoid electronic waste properly
Enjoy completely - leftovers are too good for the bin
Recycle electrical devices, cell phones and batteries properly
Dispose of old medication properly
Source: Papstar; Images: Papstar, Depositphotos / k2photoprojects; Author: Annika Klein
- What is the Multics Operating System
- What are the best headphones under 1800
- Are you battling depression
- What are encoding and decoding
- What percentage of UBC students are international?
- How do I freeze Ubuntu on purpose
- What exactly is a mainframe
- Why does Yahoo delete old email
- What were Isaac Newton's religious views
- What is this person selling in the US
- Are we going to be invaded by Russia?
- Is there something for SAP PI PO
- Who is present DDG from NCC
- How do we separate ethene from propene
- How many neurons comprise a neural column
- Shall we love how we look
- Evaporates oxygen with water
- Why do people think the same
- What do people think of Join me
- Loads Spark all data into memory
- What is ultimate fitness
- Is Dolly Parton a lesbian
- Who earns counterfeit money
- Meditation is a placebo like crystal therapy
- Can the Queen influence the Brexit decision?
- Why is Myspace failing again
- Indian girls like tall men
- What is luck for a mechanical engineer
- Helps taking AP statistics in CS
- Is UVCE an Autonomus College or not
- You can become a doctor without science
- What is the most popular houseplant
- Schizophrenia strengthens a person's math skills