What is the function of actin
Synonyms: actin, thin filament, I-filament
English: actin, actin, thin filament
Under the globular Actin one understands a structural protein that can be found in the cytoskeleton and in the sarcomere of the muscle fiber. Here, together with myosin, troponin and tropomyosin, it forms the contractile unit of the muscle. Actin occurs in almost all eukaryotic cells and has a conserved structure.
Different isoforms (depending on the charge) of actin can be distinguished:
However, there are also an α-cardiac muscle, an α- and a γ-smooth muscle, as well as a β- and a γ-non-muscle actin.
The actin found in skeletal muscle is α-actin. It has a molecular mass of approx. 42 kDa (approx. 375 amino acids) and a diameter of approx. 4-8 nm. An actin molecule alone is referred to as G-actin. It exists as a so-called monomer. Several of these actin monomers form the filamentous one with the consumption of ATP F-actin. Two of these F-actin strands form microfilaments that are in a double-helical structure. Actin is a dynamic molecule and can therefore be built up and broken down quickly.
Tropomyosin threads are woven around the actin molecules, and every 7 actin molecules are followed by three horizontally lying troponin peptides. Nebulin spirals around the actin filament and thereby stabilizes it. Together with actinin, it anchors actin on the Z-disks.
Actin plays a crucial role in muscle contraction in particular. Its interaction with the myosin is a basis for muscle contraction (sliding filament theory).
- What's so bad about helicopter parents
- Who answered the maximum questions about Quora
- What business is good in electronics
- Marries an advertising company at an early age
- How do I get a zip code
- What are some pictures of islamabad
- How do I make a liar angry
- Can I put the microwave over the fridge?
- Is Pedigree a good dog food
- Can a certified copy be notarized
- Why should you move to Venice, California
- Is IELTS a separate exam
- When did you create your first website?
- Why is it important to serve God?
- What kind of doll is that
- How many scientists believe in evolution
- Use developer Mac or PC
- IS ATLANTA GEORGIA country
- How is felt made
- How much is an iPhone 3GS worth
- Actually heals placental serum something
- The pursuit of freedom is an illusion
- How many wings does a mosquito have
- Ethical dog breeding is lucrative