Why do people collect motorcycles
Bosch: The world's first fully integrated split screen for motorcycles is on the road
The new 10.25-inch TFT display is being used for the first time in BMW motorcycles this year. On the generously dimensioned screen, the driver receives all information relevant to him at a glance and is not distracted from the traffic. The user decides which content he wants to see and can operate it using the controls on the handlebars. The content of smartphone apps, for example, automatically adjusts to the size of the motorcycle display with mySPIN. Thanks to the split screen, the screen simultaneously displays important information such as speed or warning messages.
According to the Bosch survey, around 90 percent of all motorcyclists use smartphones to plan tours. A third are exposed to great danger and even use their cell phones while driving. With the mySPIN integration solution developed by Bosch, on the other hand, smartphone content can be used safely and conveniently. mySPIN has been in the powersport segment since 2018 - including motorized watercraft and so-called all-terrain vehicles - in BRP vehicles and is now making its way into motorcycles for the first time. Together with the also new networked 6.5-inch display from Bosch without split-screen function, Ducati will integrate the solution into its vehicles. “We want motorcyclists to be able to integrate smartphone content and use it easily while driving. With the mySPIN platform and the Integrated Connectivity Cluster, we have found exactly the right solution for this, ”says Vincenzo De Silvio, Head of Research and Development at Ducati. Kawasaki will follow in 2021.
The rider has access to a wide range of services via various motorcycle-specific partner apps: With REVER, for example, exciting tours can be downloaded, followed and shared with like-minded people. Genius Maps and Sygic guide drivers accurately to hotels or restaurants nearby, Dash Radio1 offers a free premium range of digital radio stations. mySPIN thus offers all-round more enjoyment when riding a motorcycle. The range of apps is continuously being expanded worldwide.
As a leading supplier of motorcycle safety systems, Bosch has for years been pursuing the approach of making motorcycling primarily safer, but also comfortable and exciting. Networking plays an important role here - not only between the driver and the motorcycle, but also between the vehicle and its surroundings. An example of this is Help Connect. The networked emergency call system for motorcycles from Bosch automatically notifies the emergency services in the event of an accident, thus accelerating the rescue chain. It serves as further evidence of how Bosch is making motorized two-wheelers fit for the demands of future mobility with its connectivity and security solutions.
1 Subject to availability in the regional app / play store
- Why isn't Quora answering my emails
- What is Israel's Samson Plan
- What is the purpose of phosphorylation
- How can I master TDD BDD development
- How can I brush up on my mathematical basics?
- What is the earth's magnetic field signal
- What is the minimum type of concrete
- Horses think humans are heavy
- What are the different types of ecosystems
- What are the best parks in Manchester
- What is a child's daily sugar consumption
- Why does censorship make no sense
- What's in theater butter
- What does the suffix y mean
- What is an overriding liquidation preference
- What is the nationality of Jesus
- How do you deal with a programming problem
- What is the process of acupressure
- What is the summary of this article
- Which film is better Lagaan or Dangal
- What are some of the best hair hacks
- How can I see my income
- How do I sail the Virgin Islands
- Was Gandhiji against modernity