What are some massage techniques
What types of massage are there? The 12 most popular
Last Updated on: 7th September 2020, 11:19 am
Massages are among the oldest healing methods known to man. With the multitude of massage types on offer, however, choosing the right method is often not that easy. To help you find your way around, we will introduce you to some of the most effective types of massage.
Table of Contents
Top 12 types of massage: an overview
The classic massage
The massage technique that is probably best known in our part of the world is the "Classic massage". Based on the Swedish inventor of the method, Henri Peter Ling, this type of massage is often referred to as "Swedish massage". It is one of the most effective types of massage for relieving musculoskeletal complaints, but also has a very positive effect on diseased internal organs and ensures pleasant relaxation.
The classic massage is based on targeted massage movements that Release tension and have a very positive effect on the muscles. Five different Handles a distinction is made between:
- Stroking (with both hands towards the heart)
- Kneading (S-shaped kneading movements)
- The rubbing (with the heels of your hands)
- The knocking (light tapping with a loose hand)
- The jarring (with the fingertips or the palm)
- Dissolution of physical and mental tensions
- Stimulates blood circulation in the skin and muscles (prevents muscle soreness)
- Lowering stress hormones in the body
- Pain relief (migraines, back pain, neck tension, muscle pain)
- Relief of musculoskeletal complaints
- Solution from convulsions
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Relaxation and tightening of the connective tissue (especially in the case of weak connective tissue)
- Reduction of water retention in the tissue
- Activation of the lymphatic system and dissolution of lymphatic congestion (lymphatic drainage)
- Purification and detoxification of the tissue
- Strengthening the circulation
Recommendations for classic massages in Vienna:
The classic, traditional Thai massage is over 2000 years old. It is known in Thailand under the name Nuat Phaen Boran, which literally means "massage according to an ancient pattern". It relies on treating muscles, tendons, and joints through pressure, stretching, and twisting. The masseur works with the heels of his hands, thumbs, knees, elbows and feet along the body's energy lines. The Thai massage is therefore similar to the Japanese Shiatsu massage.
That is also particularly pleasant Thai aroma therapywhich is carried out with special massage oils and can be used very effectively to reduce stress. Another variant of Thai massage types, the Thai herbal steam massage, first the Thai aroma therapy is applied and then the body is massaged with hot herbal stamps. This form of Thai massage causes the body to relax very deeply through the warmth, frees the airways through the steam and cleanses the skin.
- Relief for back problems, migraines, fatigue, tension
- Stimulation of blood circulation
- Stimulation of the metabolism (detoxification, purification)
- Stimulation of the entire cardiovascular and muscular system
- Regeneration of the nervous system
- Reduce stress and harmonize body and mind
Recommendation for Thai massage in Vienna:
Hot stone massage
The Hot stone massage is a more than 2000 year old treatment method from Asia, North and South America. Indian and Hawaiian shamans in particular attributed strong healing powers to the stones.
During the hot stone massage, the acupuncture points and meridians of the body are gently worked and massaged with heated, smooth lava stones and warm aromatic oil. The hot stone foot, hand and face massages are also particularly pleasant types of massage with hot stones.
- Release of tension
- Stimulation of blood circulation (thereby increasing cell activity)
- Purification and detoxification
- Activation of the lymphatic system
- Stimulation of the autonomic nervous system
- Harmonization of body, soul and spirit
Recommendation for hot stone massage in Vienna:
Shiatsu massage originally comes from Japan and is a special finger pressure massage. It is worked with touch, a gentle pressure, by leaning and with the massage of certain parts of the body. Basically it's about the To rebalance the bodyTo relieve tension and release the energy flows again.
There are two types of massage with a Shiatsu massage:
- The variant after Namikoshi: Special attention is paid to the reflex points of the central nervous system (these are pressed and massaged).
- The variant after Masunga: The body's energy pathways are stimulated by the laying on of hands.
- Promote blood circulation
- Release of tension
- Improvement of the musculoskeletal system
- Relief from digestive discomfort
- Strengthening the nervous system
- Strengthening the immune system by activating the self-healing powers
- Stress relief
Recommendation for Shiatsu massage in Vienna:
The Dorn-Breuss massage, named after the two alternative practitioners Rudolf Breuss and Dieter Dorn, is considered a gentle, alternative Medical treatment of the back. The massage is a combination of the treatments by Breuss and Dorn. Both were of the opinion that a back problem or a slipped disc can be cured without surgery.
With this method, the spine is first stretched with a gentle massage to relieve tension. Then concentrated St. John's wort oil is massaged in to regenerate nerves and intervertebral discs. The displaced vertebrae are then restored using targeted massage techniques.
- Relief from spinal discomfort
- Relief from back pain
- Disc regeneration
Recommendation for Dorn-Breuss massage in Vienna:
Singing bowl massage
The Singing bowl massage has its origin in the eastern cultural area (Japan, China, Tibet, northern India). With this massage technique, singing bowls in different pitches are used, which are positioned directly on or directly above the body. This will make different Vibration pattern that caused the whole body to vibrate. The resulting vibrations then release blockages and tension in the body.
- Deep relaxation
- Release of tension and energy blockages
- Stress reduction
- Respiratory harmonization
Recommendation for singing bowl massage in Vienna:
The Pantai Luar is one Full body massage from East Asia, where special ointments, oils and herbal stamps are used. During the treatment, the body is first oiled and then with a Herbal Compresses massaged in rapid movements. On the one hand, this leads to the breakdown of damaged body cells, and on the other hand, cramped muscles can be loosened.
- Promote blood circulation
- Loosening the muscles
- Activation of the immune system
- Stimulation of the metabolism
- Skin tightening
- Pain relief
Recommendation for Pantai Luar in Vienna:
Hot chocolate massage
At this Wellness massage type the body is pampered with a special chocolate made from a type of cocoa containing active ingredients, a special shea nut butter and almond oil. The chocolate is warmed up in a water bath and spread over the body. Then you are wrapped in a film so that the body can better absorb the active ingredients. After the chocolate has been washed off the body again, a moisturizing cream made from cocoa butter, aloe vera, almond, peanut or jojoba oil is applied.
- Relief from inflammation
- Slowing down the skin aging process
- Skin care and firming effect
Recommendation for hot chocolate massage in Vienna:
The Ayurvedic massagee is one of the types of massage in traditional Ayurvedic medicine, which originated in India. There are numerous variations of this healing massage, depending on the problems or needs of the person being treated, the appropriate form of massage is used. One of the most famous forms is the Full body oil massage Abhyanga, in which the whole body is treated with high-quality, warm sesame oil. Further Treatment options are:
- Mukabhyanga (facial massage with a special oil)
- Padabhyanga (foot massage)
- Shirodhara (forehead pouring with warm oil)
- Gemstone Shirodhara (forehead pouring, a gemstone is used instead of an oil)
- Upahanasveda (back massage with a special oil, then heavy sweating is triggered by an applied herbal paste)
- Marma massage (stimulation of specific pressure points on the body, such as acupressure)
- Marma Chikitsa (treatment of the pressure points of the body with essential oils, targeted breathing exercises)
- Shiroabhyanga (head massage)
- Ushnasnahna (lather massage)
- Pinda Sweda (therapy with hot rice stamps)
- Slowing down the aging process
- Stress relief
- Harmonization of the nervous system
- Eyesight improvement
- Skin care with the rich oils
- Support of the body tissue (structure of body cells)
- Improve insomnia
Recommendation for Ayurveda massage in Vienna:
The Tuina massage is one of the oldest healing methods in traditional Chinese medicine. It is based on the meridian theory of TCM and is as holistic treatment thought. It combines selective as well as large-area massage techniques. The selective technique was also known in Europe under the name "acupressure".
- Pain relief by exposing the channels or dissolving blockages
- Improvement of blood circulation and physical dynamics
- Mobilization of the joints and thus improvement of mobility
- Stress prevention by regulating the state between Yin and Yang or cold and heat in the whole body
- Support of kidney function (strengthening of bones and tendons)
- Support of the spleen function (vitality)
- Harmonization of the state of health
Recommendation for Tuina Massage in Vienna:
Lomi Lomi Nui
Lomi Lomi Nui is a Old Hawaiian holistic healing massagewhich claims to treat not only the body but also the soul. In the local language, lomi means something like touching, kneading or pressing, this meaning is reinforced by the doubling. Nui means big, important or unique. Lomi Lomi Nui can therefore be translated as "unique touching" or "great kneading".
The massage comes with a special Massage oil and performed with rhythmic, flowing, kneading and stroking touches. Parts of the body that are otherwise rather neglected, such as armpits, wrists, hollows of the knees and the inside of the feet, are also processed. The head, spine and joints are stretched and loosened with special rocking grips. Hawaiian healing chants are traditionally part of this massage ceremony.
- Deep, holistic relaxation
- Promotion of self-healing powers
- Dissolution of states of tension and blockages
- Strengthening the immune system
- Activation of the metabolism
Recommendation for Lomi Lomi Nui massage in Vienna:
The Lulur massage is one of those massages that originated in the royal palace of Java, where it was used as a preparation ritual for young brides. The massage is considered the queen of Beauty treatments and translates as "skin protection".
Treatment comes in several Steps carried out:
- Full body massage with warm, well-scented oils
- Rub the entire body with a special paste (Lulur Scrub) containing jasmine, sandalwood, turmeric and rice flour
- Drying of the paste
- Rubbing off the paste (dead skin cells are removed)
- Applying a body mask made from natural yoghurt (pH value of the skin is balanced)
- Rinse off the mask
- Flower bath, during which the Javanese traditional drink jamu is served
- Massage in a nourishing body balm or body oil
- Cleansing and rejuvenation of the skin
- Consolidation of the tissue
- Stimulation of the circulatory system
- Relaxation or relaxation of muscles
- Detoxification and purification
Recommendation for Lulur massage in Vienna:Aisawan Boutique Spa in 1010 Vienna
Here you can find the best rated masseurs in your state:
HEROLD Blog Team
- What is the best used electric car
- What is type casting in C programming
- How did Hannibal die
- Why is email marketing king?
- Where in Marseille is the best food
- What is the best treatment for jaundice
- What are smaller irrigation tanks
- What makes heavy water difficult
- Why can't ancient Egyptians read and write?
- Astrophotography is a waste of time
- How do I contact Facebook customer support
- Pontiac is a good automaker
- Which text color works best
- Why am I afraid of dolls
- Why does Tesla's Cybertruck make sense
- Why are professional sports inherently competitive
- How adorable works in Skyrim
- Powerball was won
- What are your inner resources
- Can cause pantoprazole lupus
- How do you stop being a troublemaker
- Ferrets sleep with you
- How do I download an eBook online
- What is an articulated joint used for?