Is the domain ending better than com
New domain endings rank better than .com and .de
Posted by Nicolas John on in About DM Solutions
© cristinaduart - Fotolia.com
Since 2014, private individuals and companies have also been able to register city domains (e.g. Berlin domains) for the first time. New domain endings show a clear trend. The ranking for city domains was 1.18 positions higher than that for endings such as .de or .com. However, the new Top Level Domains (TLD) cannot be tested extensively enough. This is mainly due to the fact that the new domain extensions are still quite young and simply not enough .berlin domains have been registered for a decisive test. However, tendencies are discernible.
A brief analysis by Searchmetrics was able to show that new domain endings can certainly lead to a better ranking - at least for local searches. The endings .de or .com rank worse. Of course, these are only initial guidelines that need to be examined more closely as soon as more data is available. In any case, we are very curious to see in which direction the new domain endings will develop and whether “non-local” domains can also contribute to better positioning.
Is the ranking factor now determined by new domain endings? This question can hardly be answered at this point in time. At the moment, according to Searchmetrics, it looks like Google is treating New Domain Endings more like a category. Whether the search will be dominated by domain extensions like .berlin in the future will certainly also depend on future user behavior. It remains to be seen whether the relative ranking difference between two URLs shows the desired effect in the local or non-local search. New domain endings are certainly not a guarantee for a good ranking. If good content is combined with SEO and uses an nTLD, the chances are better. After all, Google is placing more and more emphasis on good and relevant content. The future and certainly also new analyzes by Searchmetrics will show whether these can be supplemented with suitable domain endings. As soon as there are new values here, we will of course keep you up to date 🙂
What do you think of the new domain extensions? Relevant factor for your business and just a nice gimmick?
Tags: Google Ranking, new domain extension
- Are secularists atheists
- The re-election will take place in MCD
- Is a used machine from China reliable
- Who has subscribed to 2 PewDiePie
- What is Hadoop Adaptive Mapreduce
- When was a moment when you felt famous?
- Why is imperialist Vietnam invading Africa?
- Why does acid damage our skin
- How good are the Chicago Bears 1
- Is capitalism a belief system
- Which is better marshmallow or lollipop 1
- What is the concept behind the return declaration
- How did the American Revolution affect France?
- How common are grammatical errors in Quora
- What are the most physical jobs
- What were the cons of the Tada Act
- Advise me to use meteor
- What is wishful thinking
- How hectic is the schedule in CDAC
- What does INFPs not care?
- Why couldn't Othello trust his wife?
- How are isoquants represented in economic analyzes
- How can I love a dog
- What are the roots of words of wisdom