Can Nigeria be developed like South Africa
Nigeria has a population of over 190 million. This means that almost half of the population of West Africa lives in Nigeria. The country's economy is largely dependent on income from the oil business. The falling oil price, internal conflicts and the depreciation of the national currency have pushed Nigeria into recession. The economy is gradually recovering, but inclusive economic growth is a long way off. More than two thirds of the population still live in extreme poverty. The poor access to social services and offers of general and vocational training as well as the high unemployment continue to pose major challenges for the country. Most of the irregular migrants coming to Europe from Africa are now from Nigeria; in Germany, one third of all Aysan applications are from Nigerian migrants. Another key challenge is the unreliable power supply. More than half of the population has no access to an uninterruptible power supply.
GIZ's work in Nigeria is carried out on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Federal Foreign Office (AA). Further partners are the European Union in the areas of peace and security as well as energy and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in the area of agricultural value chains. GIZ's projects focus on the following goals:
- economic development and employment
- Security, Reconstruction and Peace
- Governance and democracy
In the priority area of economic development and employment, GIZ aims to improve employment, income generation opportunities and access to finance for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs). With demand-oriented vocational training measures, GIZ supports its partners in adapting vocational training courses to the requirements of the labor market. A favorable environment for young technology entrepreneurs is to be created to support the BMZ initiative “Digital Africa”. In various agricultural value chains, GIZ helps improve income generation, employment opportunities and food security for smallholders.
In addition, GIZ offers migration and reintegration advisory services. These are aimed at both returning migrants and the local population. In addition, GIZ carries out measures to promote employability and provides targeted professional skills, in particular through training for start-ups.
GIZ projects offer advisory services to deal with the problems associated with the unreliable power supply. In doing so, they make a contribution to improving the conditions for access to and use of renewable energies as well as to investments in energy efficiency and the electrification of rural areas. A central goal is to provide 100,000 people in rural areas with access to a more reliable power supply through the installation of photovoltaic systems.
After the devastating effects of the Boko Haram uprising, GIZ continues to support the north-east of the country in improving the living conditions of internally displaced people and the host communities. In addition, GIZ is helping to build capacities and structures in the national police force. In doing so, it contributes to peace and security and provides farmers and shepherds in central Nigeria with the skills they need to resolve conflicts.
In the area of governance, GIZ is building up the capacities of the Supreme Court of Auditors in developing and implementing IT audit strategies. The Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Center (CISLAC) is also supported and recognized as a chapter by Transparency International in Nigeria.
At the regional level, GIZ supports the ECOWAS Commission in the areas of organizational development, trade and customs, peace and security, preparedness for pandemics and in connection with the issues of border management and cross-border cooperation.
In addition, GIZ supports partners from government and civil society in their work with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. GIZ is thus improving people's access to prevention, diagnosis and treatment measures for HIV, tuberculosis and malaria as well as to other health services.
- Where can I get IPv4 storage space
- How can writing help overcome depression?
- What's your favorite spelling trick?
- One person can have two messenger accounts
- Think knowledge is cyclical
- How was Tim Ferriss in college
- Depression why does it never go away
- Why society doesn't like confident and independent girls
- How is Michelle Williams doing as an actress
- Science is a branch of philosophy
- Are there neutral fermions
- What are the most common sources of chlorine
- How is some plastic clear
- How are allergies, eczema and asthma connected?
- What are entrepreneurial qualities
- How will the new development affect the house value
- What is the serving size of an avocado
- What does the levator scapulae muscle do
- Why won't Saudi Arabia annex Yemen?
- Why does notorious means famous
- Are amoxicillin and azithromycin the same thing
- Lay chicken eggs or just chickens
- Who's your celebrity singer crush
- Who gives money to internet websites
- Steve Harvey wore a wig
- What defines fine writing
- What is friendship medically
- How have viruses evolved over time
- Work physical subliminals
- What can SpaceX find on Mars
- Are Batman and Joker gay
- Who actually did ISIS?