What industry is Nike in
Sporting goods manufacturer from Berlin Download company profile
Nike is an American sporting goods manufacturer named after the Greek goddess of victory. In addition to shoes and clothing of all kinds, Nike also produces accessories and sports equipment such as balls, bags and heart rate monitors for almost all common sports. The group is the world leader in its market segment with a share of around 30 percent.
Nike is headquartered in Beaverton near Portland, Oregon. Production is mainly carried out by contract companies in Asia such as Yue Yuen Industrial from China. A large part of the shoe production takes place in Indonesia, but there are also supplier companies in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and America. Approximately 650,000 people work in over 700 Nike supplier companies worldwide. Nike itself employs over 30,000 people on six continents.
Nike includes branches such as Cole Haan Holdings, Converse and Hurley International. The company operates its own stores worldwide, in Germany there are over 500 and in Switzerland and Austria together over 100. The first department stores were opened under the name Nike-Town in the 1990s.
Nike spends about 14 percent of its annual sales, nearly two billion US dollars, on advertising. The breakthrough in this regard came with the binding of basketball player Michael Jordan in 1984, with whom collections were designed. Nike sponsors athletes such as Tiger Woods, Christiano Ronaldo, Roger Federer and the Manchester United soccer team.
The predecessor company was founded in 1964 by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight as a sales organization for Japanese sports shoes from the Onitsuka Tiger brand. It was not until 1971 that Nike started producing shoes. The success story began with the initial specialization in running shoes. The move to Europe followed in 1978. The competitor Converse was bought in 2003 and in 2007 the English brand Umbro was taken over.
The sporting goods company came under public criticism because of abuses in supplier companies. The allegations were exploitation and child labor. Nike countered these allegations, among other things, by publishing the list of supplier companies and a code of conduct. (jb)
Significant competitors of Nike
Sports goods manufacturers from Berlin are Adidas, Asics, New Balance and Puma. The brands of Nike
Sports goods manufacturers from Berlin are Converse (sports shoes) and Nike (sports shoes).
Sporting goods manufacturer from Berlin is a company in the sporting goods manufacturer sector. The company profile is in preparation.
- Why shouldn't college get paid
- Destinations in India 1
- What is a nutrition therapist
- Can a bear escape a horse?
- Does your environment affect your IQ
- What is it like to live with someone with Munchausens
- Why did I push my girlfriend away
- Why was the film Arjun Reddy controversial
- What is your correlation between wealth and happiness
- Would you let others lie to you
- Prefer specialist shops to supermarkets
- Is cetking a good institute for CAT
- Will people ultimately see God
- Why don't I hallucinate on psychedelics
- How was ancient Greece ruled
- What is indirect
- What are the best hypnosis apps
- How can software utilities improve their performance?
- What's the reason we're here?
- Who is watching internet porn
- When will the petrodollar collapse
- A blender kills good bacteria
- What is the Aarey Affair from Maharashtra
- What are the people from Montana called